All of these exciting wildlife photographs were made at the zoo. In this hands-on workshop Sean Lo will share his secrets of making compelling wildlife images in the most unlikely of environments. This workshop includes discussions as well as opportunities to make your own images. The day will kick off with an interactive classroom session at the Les Picker Fine Art Photography studio in Havre de Grace, Maryland. The rest of the day will be spent at the Baltimore Zoo putting earlier discussions into action with the expert one-on-one assistance of Sean. Detailed information and directions to the studio will be sent upon registration.
Before beginning my career as a full time professional wildlife photographer, I spent a great deal of time training by photographing animals which were most accessible to me. My local zoos became places of photographic learning, research, and inspiration for “real” wildlife photography. But even my training period was not wasted. My Snow Leopard photo taken at a zoo was published on National Geographic.Sean Lo
Fast forward years ahead and Sean worked as the exclusive wildlife photographer at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD photographing both off site in the wild and also on site.
In this workshop, Sean (www.seanlophotography.com) will address the challenges of photographing in zoos, animal parks and aquaria, how to overcome them, and how to develop pictures that mimic natural environments.
What you will learn:
- Choosing equipment for wildlife photography
- How to optimize camera settings
- How to visualize wildlife scenes at the zoo
- How to overcome challenging lighting conditions
- How to make dynamic wildlife compositions
- How to create variety in your animal photos
- Work-flow secrets, culling and efficiency in selecting your top shots
What to bring
- Camera - SLR, DSLR, or Mirrorless
- Memory cards
- Tripod / Monopod
This workshop is an exclusive collaboration between Les Picker Fine Art studio and Sean Lo, with a maximum capacity of six spots. We believe that the best education is one that has an excellent teacher to student ratio, so rest assured that an adequate amount of time and attention will be provided to you and your photographic needs.
Zoos have incredible photographic potential. Our goal is to pass that skill and excitement onto you.
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 09:00
- In this 7-hour workshop (9am til 4pm), Sean will address the challenges of photographing in zoos, animal parks and aquaria, how to overcome them, and how to develop pictures that mimic natural environments.