Tonga - Humpback Whales
& New Zealand October 2022
A real close-up experience with Les Picker.
This is a trip you really don’t want to miss! Spend 7 glorious days in sunny Tonga, with 4 solid days of snorkeling amongst southern humpback whales and their just born calves. Join Les in the calm, clear blue waters of Tonga and find out for yourself.
You will need to be reasonably fit in order to fully enjoy this trip. You don’t need any snorkeling experience. However you should feel comfortable snorkeling without any assistance in open waters, under the watchful eyes of our guides. Humpback whale experiences are amazing and safe. Inexpensive waterproof cameras will enable even a beginner to capture incredible still and video memories.
The Kingdom of Tonga is made up of 170 tropical islands with white sand beaches, calm seas and delightful temperatures. We have chosen accommodations that will give us the best access to the locations, minimize long driving times and allow us to relax at the end of each day, after the sun sets and the cameras are put away. Non-photographing spouses are welcome and can participate in all activities.
From Tonga we fly to Fiji and then on to the South Island of New Zealand for two weeks of superb photography. Our private bus will take us to spectacular landscapes, quaint towns and iconic places in the very best light.
At the conclusion of the main trip, we will offer a 5-day extension to New Zealand’s North Island. Details available on request.
Trip Highlights At A Glance
- Our small group allows for photographic flexibility.
- Six hours of snorkeling on each of 4 days with humpback whales during their breeding season, which takes place in the protected and shallow waters of Tonga, with guidance from Les and our guides.
- Trips to uninhabited Tonga beaches, native villages, and more.
- Off the beaten path photo adventures in New Zealand in our private, fully-equipped bus, from mountains to fjords, and farms to quaint cities.
- We will have opportunities to discuss virtually every aspect of photography, participate in optional critiques, and take advantage of sunrises and sunsets in amazing locales.
Download The Full Color Trip Brochure
The brochure lays out the full itinerary and details every day of our journey.
What Do I Do Next?
Our group is small, so space is limited. If this photography adventure excites you, now is the time to register. If you have any questions before registering, send us an e-mail with any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of this 22-day photo adventure is US$22,278 per person (double occupancy). This fee includes all in-country ground transportation as well as hotel accommodation (double occupancy) and all meals. There is an extra fee for the flight from Fiji to Christchurch, New Zealand, which will be billed to you at the time of booking.
Deposit: A $500 deposit is required when you register online. Upon receipt of that partial deposit, you will be billed for $7,000 to be paid only by check. Two additional installment payments will be billed to you as we approach the start date. An invoice will be sent 21 days prior to each due date.
Deposits are refundable as follows:
By June 15, 2021; full refund
By August 1, 2021; 50% refund
By February 15, 2022; 25% refund
After February 15, 2022; no refund
Trip details will be sent once you have registered.
- Tuesday, Oct 11, 2022 08:00
- Tuesday, Nov 1, 2022 08:00
- Total Price
- Can anything be more exciting than snorkeling with and photographing humpback whales and their calves close up? How about two weeks photographing in spectacular New Zealand? $22,278 per person double occupancy. After initial $500 deposit, you will be billed $7,000, to be paid by check. The remainder will be billed in two separate payments. Deposits are refundable as follows; 100% by June 15, 2021; 50% by August 1, 2021, and 25% by February 15, 2022. After February 15, 2022 no refunds are possible. All costs are in U.S. dollars.